To take advantage of the save feature, the application must be downloaded and then opened in Adobe Reader and you must press “Save”. Otherwise all progress will be lost when you close the window
The 2022 Scholarship Application period is open! Download the application from the left and submit the completed application to [email protected]
The Knights of Columbus St. James and St. Anthony Council Number 525 has established a Scholarship program to support students who seek an education rooted in Catholic principals and traditions. This program will make monetary awards to graduating eighth grade students who have accepted enrollment in a Catholic High School, to assist with the cost of their education. The program is open to all eighth grade students of St. James Grammar School, St. James CCD religious education program, and St. Anthony’s CCD religious education program.
Questions about the Scholarship can be directed to [email protected]
The Scholarship Committee of the Council will be solely responsible for selecting students who will each receive a one-time monetary award toward High School expenses. Selection will be made based upon academic performance, as well as extra-curricular activities in the community and the Church. The Council will receive, review and evaluate applications submitted by interested students by the announced application deadline and select awardees from these applications. The amount and number of individual scholarship awards will be based upon the funding the Council has authorized, the quality of the applications, and may vary from year to year. The goal is to make at least one award from each of the educational programs listed above. No guarantee is made that the scholarship awards will be made each year, and the Council may suspend the program at any time.
The following criteria have been established to manage the Scholarship Program:
- The applicant must be an eighth grade student enrolled in St. James Grammar School, St. James CCD Religious Education Program, or St. Anthony’s CCD Religious Education Program.
- The applicant must have been accepted at a Catholic High School and provide confirmation of completed enrollment and registration for the coming school year.
- The Applicant must submit an essay on one of the topics indicated on the application. Typed submission is preferred but neatly hand written submissions are acceptable.
- The applicant must have his/her application signed by a parent or guardian.
- The application must be accompanied by at least one letter of recommendation from a member of the student’s current school or a member of the community attesting to the student’s character.
- The application must be accompanied by a transcript or copy of the most recent Report of Grades showing acceptable academic performance.
The Application process will be as follows:
- Application forms can be downloaded from the Council’s website (Scholarship Application on this page) and will also be distributed to the staff of St. James’ Grammar School, St. James’ CCD, and St. Anthony’s CCD for distribution to students who do not have internet access.
- Completed applications with all attachments and endorsements must be returned (Hard Copy Only) by the due date.
- After review of all applications, awards will presented at an appropriate venue.